Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Will work for cake pans

Cake is only as good as the pan you bake it in. After lots of research with my library of cake decorating books, on websites like cake central and just plain asking around I got the general sense that aluminum is the way to go. There are two great pan lines out there, Fat Daddios and Magic Line. When it comes to round cakes the jury is still out as to which one is better, but for square cakes, Magic Line is by far the crowd favorite. They give you sharper edges and a more even bake. Well, how could I settle for less than the ultimate in cake pan products? The Magic Line Pan Set
quickly went onto my wish-list.

Unfortunately the pittance they call my graduate school stipend does not allow for luxury items like baking supplies. Therefore I am starting a series of "Will work for..." posts that deal with my search for alternate funding. Yesterday I auditioned for a tutoring company. Luckily it went well and I may have a student soon! Until then the pan will wait on the wishlist. Until I can buy it... here's to making cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment